At RCA, we celebrate Regent Christian Academy’s 44-year rich history of traditions and great blessings while we focus on forward-moving strategies for our school. In this spirit, we are looking for an innovative and creative Elementary Vice-Principal candidate who will partner with our Principal and leadership team, working within the school vision, mission and values to make a kingdom-building impact through their service.
Primary Role – Elementary Vice Principal
- Continually improve the operating effectiveness of the school to fit with RCA’s vision, mission and values.
- Keep informed of current practices and techniques relating to school programs, teaching and administration by attending meetings and professional development conferences.
- Devote time to the supervision of the school, observing methods of instruction and endeavouring to improve the efficacy of the staff and the school in general.
- Report directly to Principal.
- Coordinating and fostering the development of programs within the school to best meet the needs and interests of the students.
- Assisting the teaching staff in the development, implementation, and modification of curriculum.
- Developing and supporting a positive school culture and climate through curricular and extracurricular activities and services.
- Researching and bringing in new ways of high-quality instruction at RCA.
- Supervising the communication with parents or guardians regarding the school program, student achievement, placement, and behaviour.
- Establishing a climate in which students can foster positive spiritual growth and development.
- Promoting the professional, spiritual and academic growth of staff through staff meetings, in-service training, and personal coaching.
- Minimum 5 years of related education experience, minimum 3 years of management, supervision and/or leadership experiences within the educational arena.
- Master’s degree affiliated with education and leadership preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Extended health care
- Pension with matching program
- Relocation bonus negotiable for out-of-province candidates
Contact Travis Bryerton, Principal, at email@example.com with resume and personal statement of faith.
Grade 3 Teacher (1.0 FTE) *Certified Teacher Only*
Posting Closes on Friday, Oct. 14, 2022
Specific qualifications include:
- BC Teaching Certificate
- BA Degree in Education (or equivalent) with a specialty
- Clear understanding of Christian Education
Characteristics of successful applicant include:
- A deep understanding of Christian- and Biblical-worldview
- Relational with a strong desire to connect with students
- Excited to work in a team environment in a progressive and creative school
- A reputation for being an excellent teacher and modeling servant leadership
- Having a friendly, even-tempered, and servant-hearted attitude toward staff, parents, and students
- Being teachable and a quick learner
- Being adaptable, professional, confident, and optimistic
Please send your resume, a list of references and credentials, and a one-page essay explaining your Personal Philosophy of Christian education to:
Travis Bryerton, Principal
Regent Christian Academy
15100 66A Ave.
Surrey, BC V3S 2A6
Phone: 604.599.8171 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: Friday, October 14, 2022