Heritage Christian Online School (HCOS) is a K-12 Distributed Learning (DL) school, providing fully-accredited, Christian education to students in BC. As one of Western Canada’s largest online schools, we connect teachers with families and students to provide guidance and support via personalized, online and face-to-face options.
HCOS has an opening for a Contract self employed English 8 Online Teacher from September 2021 – August 2022.
As the English 8 Online Teacher, the scope of work will include:
• Provide for the individual learning needs of students, adapting the course as needed
• Deliver a meaningful academic course, with a focus on students’ growth in their English skills
• Participate in Staff meetings and Professional Development
• Maintain a high standard of communication and connection with students, families, staff and other team members
• Provide a positive learning experience and quality course standards for students, as per school policies and procedures
• Engage regularly in the scheduled Zoom workshop meetings and chats
• Assist with other duties, as required
We are looking for someone with the following Qualifications & Skills:
• BC Certified Teacher, familiar with the BC Modernized Curriculum
• English Language training or background preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Zoom conferencing and Google docs
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills
• Proactive, detail and solution oriented
What we offer:
• Competitive Fee for services
This posting will remain open until June 11, 2021.