POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant EMPLOYEE:
DEPARTMENT: Office Staff LOCATION: Benvoulin Campus
REPORTS TO: Head of School/Campus Leaders SUPERVISOR: Mike Campbell
|● Job Category:
● Fiscal Year:
● Work Arrangement:
● Benefits Eligibility:
● Regular ○ Temporary
● 12 Month ○10 Month
● Full-Time ○ Part-Time FTE: 1.00
● Salary ○ Hourly
● Yes ○ No
In this vital role, the Executive Assistant will work closely alongside the Head of School, Senior Leadership Team, and KCS Board, providing both administrative support and other duties as assigned including keeping the HOS and board informed of important events, upcoming priorities, meetings, and general activities within the school. In this, and all working relationships within the administrative office, HOS, SLT, and Board, the Executive Assistant will be expected to maintain absolute professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Education, Experience, Skills, & Abilities
- 3-5 years of experience assisting senior level personnel
- Fluency in MS Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google and Acrobat Pro
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud, web-based publication tools, and survey gathering tools such as Google Forms or Survey Monkey
- Professionalism and organizational abilities are required, ensuring the smooth operation of a fast-paced office environment all the while juggling multiple priorities and time-sensitive requests
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills, and careful attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently
- Ability to multitask amidst regular interruptions
- A committed follower of Jesus Christ
- Attend a local church
- Committed to the Mission, Vision, and Values of Kelowna Christian School
- Committed to the Kelowna Christian School Code of Conduct
- Reporting: Head of School
- Internal: SLT and Board
- External: School Families
KEY MANDATED RESPONSIBILITIES:
Below are the primary responsibilities of the Executive Assistant. The tasks under each mandate are not exhaustive but represent the majority of tasks with each responsibility.
- School Administration
- Provide confidential secretarial and administrative support to the Head of School (HOS) and the Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
- Ensure that urgent matters are brought to the attention of the HOS or relevant members of staff
- Greet visitors and provide a welcoming environment
- Screens calls and visitors, take messages and connect requests to appropriate parties
- Support the HOS in their correspondence, including community updates and special notices. Coordinate the flow of information and communication between the Head of School and key stakeholders
- Responsible for coordinating all details for HOS-hosted events, including but not limited to: meetings, small or large gatherings, celebrations, appreciation parties, and special speaking engagements. Coordination includes invitations, menu planning, volunteer coordination, facility reservation, and vendor communication/coordination
- Assist in special projects for the HOS such as strategic planning, event planning, fundraising initiatives, and other ad-hoc projects
- Serve as a member of the school advancement and development team, providing coordination to the leadership that oversees this area
- As a confidential assistant to the Head of School, deal diplomatically with people and issues of a delicate, highly sensitive, or demanding nature
- Proactively support the management of staff, parent, student, alumni, and board relationships, prioritizing actions to meet stakeholder requirements
- Oversee membership renewals and updates of professional organizations for the HOS on behalf of the school.
- Maintain accurate notes and records of Head of School and School Board hosted events for annual planning execution.
- Communicate on behalf of the HOS and other SLT members in a professional, positive, and encouraging manner
- Compose correspondence, bulletins, memorandums, or other materials on behalf of the HOS and other SLT members
- Maintain flexibility in all work situations without becoming flustered or daunted by last-minute changes or requests
- Arrange hospitality for visitors as required
- Liaise with the school’s HR lead regarding HR issues and provide HR information to the HOS and SLT
- Assist the HOS and SLT to facilitate school-wide wins
- Provide a warm welcome to parents, children, and visitors, offering relevant support and information on all aspects of school life
- Participate in the broader mission and vision of Kelowna Christian School by contributing time, talent, and giftings beyond assigned roles and responsibilities
- School Board
- Liaise with the Head of School (HOS) and the KCS School Board Chair on a regular basis
- Undertake the role of clerk to the KCS School Board, assisting in the preparation and distribution of the agenda and other documents required for board meetings.
- Attend and take accurate minutes of all KCS board meetings and of other board-affiliated meetings.
- Support board appointed committees
- Produce the board agenda, notify the board of meetings, organize and distribute board packages, organize the board calendar, and buy and arrange refreshments
- Ensure all board files and documents are kept up to date and are signed off
- Support the board in board events, including travel coordination and registration of SCSBC Events
- To support the board with communication to society members
- Produce school policies and reports as required and maintain the school policy records, including bylaws, human resources policies, and ministry of education required documents
- Conduct research on bylaws and policy development upon request of the HOS or Board Chair
Manage the tracking of school board-directed key performance indicators as directed from the board calendar.