Reporting to the Learning Assistance or Inclusion Coordinator, Educational Assistants are responsible for the implementation of Individualized Education Plans for students, ages 12-19, who benefit from a variety of learning supports and strategies.
- With support from the coordinators and the teachers, implement the strategies outlined in each student’s Individual Education Plan
- Provide academic, social and emotional support for students in Grades 8-12
- Support students one-to-one and in small groups in classrooms and other designated spaces.
- Communicate regularly with all members of the student’s school-based team to promote an open, collaborative environment that best serves the student.
- Participate in staff training/professional development activities, staff meetings, and conferences.
- Adhere to prescribed documentation protocols for tracking daily tasks and student progress
- Perform other tasks which may include reading or scribing for a student, providing one to one or small group support, assisting the teacher in the classroom, providing personal care and completing other necessary tasks to provide inclusion opportunities for all students.
- Monday to Friday 8.00 am – 3.30 pm* (approximately)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to support students effectively with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills with adults and youth
- Previous experience working in a learning environment with children and/or youth with learning challenges, ADHD, and mental health challenges
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Clean criminal record check and child welfare check
- The preferred candidate will have education about and experience working with teenagers in a learning environment.
- All applicants should have compassion and patience for students who face learning challenges and must be able to work collaboratively with colleagues to support student learning.
- Applicants must have an active Christian faith that shapes their life.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
This posting is for a one-year position, with the possibility of extension or transfer to other student support roles.
- Start date: August 30, 2022
- End date: last week in June
To apply, please forward the following:
- cover letter
- personal statement of faith
- contact information for three references.
Application materials can be emailed to Deirdre Hawthorne (Learning Assistance Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org
This posting is open until August 19.