Gr. 8 Homeroom Teacher (Term 1.0) | Beginning Aug 28 – Dec 1, 2023
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You are a life-long learner who wants to grow and thrive in your work as an impactful educator.
- You bring joy and passion for education, equipping students and transforming the community.
- You are a collaborative, engaged and innovative thinker.
- You want to work in a connected, well-resourced & rewarding work environment at a professionally supportive school community of over 160 faculty & staff dedicated to being leaders in education.
- You have a story to tell that prepared you well for this position at this school for this moment, and you want to work where you will make a difference in the world and feel valued.
- You will be responsible for delivering Grade 8 Bible, Language Arts, Social Studies and Physical Education.
- You will be responsible for delivering differentiated instruction for a range of diverse learners, using evidence-based, effective teaching strategies.
- You will undertake effective classroom management strategies and maintain optimal routines and structures that support student growth.
- You will review, analyze, evaluate and report on evidence of student academic, social and emotional growth as well as provide timely, ongoing, formative assessment.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Competitive compensation, pension plan and extended benefits package.
- Generous prep/admin time and professional development opportunities.
- Collaboration with outstanding administrators and educational staff.
- Access to resources and encouragement to dream big, pursue your giftings and build something impactful for the future.
- Eligible for BC Teaching Certification, B.C. Independent Schools Teaching Certification or letter of permission.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree with coursework in teachable subjects.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, inclusive work environment.
- Evidence of strong sense of purpose and identity built on Biblical principles and participation in local Christian church community.
HOW TO APPLY?
Send your resume, two professional references listed, a pastoral reference, and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.