Beginning August 2021
VISION: A thriving Christian learning community, connected outward and inward, serving together as leaders who model best practices to empower students to have an impact in a changing world.
Langley Christian School is accepting applications for an anticipated vacancy in Grade 6 for the coming fall, 2021. This is a two days per week, term posting.
WHO ARE WE?
LCS is a growing, inspiring and purpose-driven Christian teaching and learning community striving to deliver the best instruction and high-quality, transformative educational programming for Pre-K to Grade 12 students. We aim to design experiences that produce graduates who are well equipped in faith, knowledge, competencies and character to transform lives through service and their gifts, and who will go on from here to live a life of impact and purpose in a rapidly changing world.
Our community includes 1200+ students and 170+ staff on three campuses in one of Canada’s fastest growing communities, located a short distance from Vancouver in the heart of the Fraser Valley. Founded with a rich 65- year history, today our families and students represent 113 churches and the diversity of our changing community.
- Design purposeful large group and small group learning opportunities, in classrooms and online environments: lesson plans and curriculum preparation, including year plan preparation based on the B.C. redesigned curriculum.
- Provide differentiated instruction for a range of diverse learners, using evidence-based, effective teaching strategies.
- Undertake effective classroom management strategies and maintain optimal routines and structures that support student wellness and growth.
- Review, analyze, evaluate and report on evidence of student academic, social and emotional growth. Provide timely, ongoing formative assessment and meet all reporting and assessment deadlines.
- Participate actively in teacher evaluations and maintain competence through professional growth activities or professional development.
REQUIREMENTS & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree with coursework in teachable subjects
- Eligible for B.C. Teaching Certification or B.C. Independent Schools Teaching Certification
- Evidence of involvement in a local Christian faith community
- Ability to work in a collaborative, inclusive work environment
- Evidence of courage, integrity, transparency and honesty in relationships
- Ability to implement evidence-based, best practice in instruction and assessment
- Technology, web-based and computer skills
- Strong assessment and instructional practices
Interested applicants are invited to forward inquiries and supporting documents to: email@example.com.
- Pastoral reference letter
- Copies of relevant training and certifications
- Contact information for two professional references from administrators
Posting open until filled.