VISION: A thriving Christian learning community, connected outward and inward, serving together as leaders who model best practices to empower students to have an impact in a changing world.
Langley Christian School is accepting applications for a TERM 1.0 FTE Education Assistant position in the High School beginning November 16, 2021 – June 24, 2022.
WHO ARE WE?
LCS is a growing, inspiring and purpose-driven Christian teaching and learning community striving to deliver the best instruction and high-quality, transformative educational programming for Pre-K to Grade 12 students. We aim to design experiences that produce graduates who are well equipped in faith, knowledge, competencies and character to transform lives through service and their gifts, and who will go on from here to live a life of impact and purpose in a rapidly changing world.
Our community includes 1200+ students and 170+ staff on three campuses in one of Canada’s fastest growing communities, located a short distance from Vancouver in the heart of the Fraser Valley. Founded with a rich 65-year history, today our families and students represent 113 churches and the diversity of our changing community.
Typically, an Education Assistant will:
- Be an advocate for students and their needs
- Maintain confidentiality
- Communicate professionally and appropriately with coordinators, teachers, students and parents
- Work with teachers to facilitate the participation of all students with learning differences in classroom activities
- Provide support to the student individually or in small groups
- Participate in school-based team meetings
- Assist in adapting situations, environment, materials and activities so the student can be successful
- Implement planned strategies and activities for the student
- Assist in developing and implementing a behavior support plan when necessary
- Keep anecdotal records, work samples etc. to document student progress and history.
REQUIREMENTS & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Education Assistant Certificate (or equivalent)
- Experience and/or further training in supporting students with autism or FASD, personal care needs, or other learning differences
- Crisis intervention training
- High School trained, comfort with Grades 9-10 Math or Science
- Evidence of involvement in a local Christian faith community
- Strong professional references
- Ability to work in a collaborative, inclusive work environment
- Evidence of courage, integrity, transparency and honesty in relationships
- Evidence of strong interpersonal communication
Interested applicants are invited to forward their resume and supporting documents to email@example.com
- Application MUST include a pastoral reference letter or statement of faith
- Copies of relevant training certificates
- Copies of recent performance evaluations
- Two professional references