Who We Are
Vancouver Christian School is a large, diverse K-12 school located in East Vancouver, British Columbia. A vibrant and close-knit community of 850 students, VCS is a proud leader in Christian education celebrating 70 years of history in the region. From the early days of our Christian Reformed roots to the building of a new, modern campus in the heart of Vancouver, VCS is dedicated to preparing students for a life of transformation and service through excellent, Christ-centred education.
Join our Team
We have an exciting opportunity for an educator experienced in teaching high school Humanities to join our team to teach our English 9, 11, 12, Comparative Cultures 12, Social Studies 11, and Christian Studies classes.
You will be part of a supportive team that greatly cares about creating an engaging and supportive school environment that actively seeks to develop our students’ learning and growth by integrating Christian perspectives into all aspects of teaching the BC curriculum.
As a teacher in our High School Division, your key responsibilities include:
- Creating an engaging and dynamic environment that supports student learning
- Contribute to the fantastic culture and community of VCS by working cooperatively with colleagues and participating in staff engagement and worship activities
- Participate fully in student-learning and extra-curricular activities outside of the school day
- Be flexible and open to teaching additional courses
- Participate in professional development that supports the ongoing pursuit of excellence in educational pedagogy and teaching through the lens of a Christian worldview
To be considered for this role, you:
- Will have completed a Bachelor of Education degree and possess a teaching certificate issued by the Teacher Regulation Branch of the BC Ministry of Education
- Are a professing Christian who is a member of a Christian church community willing to commit to VCS’ mission, vision and community standards.
- Will have familiarity with the BC Ministry of Education curriculum
In addition to the above requirements, the following knowledge and experience would be definite assets:
- experience teaching senior-level humanities courses (such as law, history, comparative cultures, human geography, Christian studies)
- have a strong working understanding of differentiated instruction as it applies to teaching
- have a strong working knowledge of current pedagogy, sound assessment practices and learning empowered by technology
To express your interest in joining our team please provide us with the following documents:
- Cover letter and full resume
- Statement of faith
- Transcripts from all relevant post-secondary education
- Recent graduates (up to two years of teaching experience) require final Practicum Reports
- Experienced teachers (two or more years of teaching experience) require a recent (within the past 8 years) Teaching Evaluation Report (not lesson observations)
- 3 professional references-email and phone numbers
- Recent graduates (up to two years of teaching experience) to include your Faculty Advisor, School Advisor(s) and one or more of the following: Principal, Vice Principal or most recent previous employer
- Experienced teachers (two or more years of teaching experience) to include current Principal, Vice Principal and previous Administrator(s)
Please email your application package to firstname.lastname@example.org with “High School Humanities Teacher” in the subject line.
While we appreciate your interest in Vancouver Christian School, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.