Join our Team:
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our office administration team full-time.
VCS is a school community passionate about Christian education and we are looking for people who will be able to demonstrate their commitment to a Christ-centred life through involvement in a faith community and who understands and supports the mission of the school.
As an Office Assistant, you will provide K-12 front-desk support, assist with school events, and provide focused support to a Division Principal. Your excellent organizational and problem-solving skills will help you in tasks that may include:
- Calendar management and screening and delegation of phone calls, emails, and tasks
- Meeting organization and preparation
- Organization of digital files, information management and special projects as assigned
- Embody VCS’ warm, gracious and caring community culture by being a welcoming and helpful presence on the front desk to our students, parents, staff, inquiring families, visitors, and service providers
- Assist with presentations, reports, and other communications, both internal and external
- Working collaboratively with the rest of the administration team on shared K-12 responsibilities and support the organization of school events as required
- Acting as a liaison between Administration, staff, students, parents/guardians, and the general community as part of a larger Office Administration team.
- Ideally, you will have a post-secondary degree or diploma in business administration combined with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a school administration or professional office setting
- Familiarity with a range of office productivity tools such as G-Suite and Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Bookkeeping experience would be an asset
- You enjoy helping others to be productive and efficient, relish working in a fast-paced environment, and desire to be a cheerful, helpful team member.
- You work well in a confidential environment where often complex, sensitive and urgent matters arise, requiring you to exercise sound judgment and empathy
- You have the ability to be flexible, adaptable, and view interruptions as opportunities for engagement
To express your interest in the Office Assistant position, please forward your
- Cover letter & resume
- 3 professional references – email and phone numbers
- Any supporting documentation
Please email your application to email@example.com with “Office Assistant” in the subject line.
While we appreciate your interest in Vancouver Christian School, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. This job will be posted until the position has been filled.