Start Date: ASAP
Richmond Christian School is located in Richmond, BC, a suburb of Vancouver. The school exists on three campuses: Elementary, Middle and Secondary. With over one thousand students and 160 faculty and staff, RCS is well known and respected for providing a quality Christ-centred education. We recently celebrated our 60th Anniversary and anticipate continued growth and development.
RCS is pleased to provide a salary grid that is competitive with the local school district, a strong pension plan, and other perks and benefits. RCS embraces the BC Education Plan and strives to be a collaborative and innovative learning community.
- Provides educational, functional, mental health, and emotional support to students
- Discusses and collaborates with teachers and case managers with regards to instructional programs, classroom management, and expectation setting for students
- Implements strategies to accommodate individual learner needs/styles, and communicates relevant student information to teachers and supervisor
- Assists with development of instructional learning resources
- Monitors and reports to teacher/team on implementation of the program
- Carries out work within developed structures and plans, being consistent with expectations for students
- Assists students in a variety of activities, including work experience and life skills, and providing personal care as necessary
- Other duties as directed by the campus Educational Support Services Coordinator
- EA Certification
- Completion of Grade 12
- Completion of a recognized Post-Secondary Special Education Assistant program, or a Degree/Diploma in a related field, and/or extensive experience in an equivalent field
- Excellent communication skills in English
How to Apply:
Send your résumé, covering letter, statement of faith and references to: email@example.com ESS coordinator
While we truly appreciate your interest in Richmond Christian School, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All staff are asked to sign a community standards document that is available upon request.