For the 2023-24 school year, Pacific Christian School is seeking a teacher of Core French at the grade 8/9 level. Depending on the strengths and interests of the candidate, this could be combined with teaching in other areas to create a full-time teaching position. Potential additional areas could include: Humanities, Mathematics, Career-Life, and Home Economics.
Ideally, the teacher(s) that we are seeking will:
- possess current British Columbia teacher certification.
- have a vibrant Christian faith and a desire to foster Christian faith formation in young people.
- desire to become an active, contributing, collaborative member of a professional learning community.
- have demonstrated organizational and planning skills, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills with both adults and young people.
- have experience in the following areas:
- teaching in a middle school or high school setting
- employing teaching approaches that are responsive to 21st-century learning needs and best practices
- integrating Christian worldview and employing pedagogical practices that reflect and support Christian formation
To apply, please forward the following to Secondary Principal, Lorna Herzog:
- letter of introduction
- statement of faith
- copy of current-year TRB certification
- Contact information for three references. Not all referees need to comment on the same aspects. But taken together, please ensure that the referees can offer insight into character, Christian faith, teaching experience, and passion for working with young people.
Applications received by March 31, 2023, will be given priority consideration.