Reporting To – Senior High Principal
Closing Date – Until a suitable candidate is found
FTE – 0.60
Benefits Eligible – No
Contract Type – Probationary
Start Date: January 25, 2023
End Date: June 30, 2023
Bearspaw Christian School is an independent, multi-denominational Christian school located in NW Calgary. If you are looking to work in an environment that fosters discipleship and allows you to mentor students to develop their Christ-like character alongside their personal academic excellence and growth, then we would like to hear from you. We intentionally seek learning opportunities that generate full student engagement and are actively pursuing a healthy community intended to shore up the gifts and talents of each student. We are eager to connect with teachers who partner with families, who create experiential learning moments and who seek to find God’s wisdom in all they pursue.
Our Vision creates meaningful connections and guides life on our thriving campus.
Teaching minds… Reaching hearts… Transforming our World
To successfully respond to the challenges of the role, the Senior High Math/Science Teacher will be comfortable collaborating with staff, families and students. The candidate requires strong interpersonal communication as well as excellent time management and organizational skills and should represent as many as possible of the below-mentioned characteristics (both personal and professional experience):
- Devoted follower of Jesus Christ, demonstrating Christ-like character and the Fruit of the Spirit
- Strong understanding of the BCS organization and a belief and passion for its Mission and Vision
- A leader who leads with integrity and aspires to develop an authentic Christ-like environment
- Team player
- Engaging, friendly personality with a confident, outgoing and positive attitude
- Manage multiple tasks in an ever-changing environment and be able to prioritize tasks
- Optimizes time and resources, ensuring high-quality work
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attentive and perceptive with attention to detail
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal professionally and respectfully with others
- Expertise in working with Google and technology
- Authorized to teach in the Province of Alberta by holding a Bachelor or Education and Alberta Education Teacher Certification
- Be a creative, independent, self-starter
- Track record of success in school environment
- Proven ability to manage relationships across various organizational positions, including parent and student relationships
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
The Senior High Math/Science Teacher should possess as many of the following functions as possible:
- To work as a leader within BCS’ Secondary School to help create an environment whereby Christ is first in all we do and faith and discipleship of students is fully integrated with academic development.
- To help create a culture that naturally and readily accepts that academic development is a subset of discipleship and that developing students’ Christ-like character is as important as developing them academically and physically.
- To understand the vision and mission of BCS and ensure all classroom activities and educational programs integrate a biblical worldview that is in alignment with BCS’ vision and mission.
- To work in conjunction with the Secondary School Administration to create and implement intentional programs and learning activities that meet individual students’ needs and achieve Alberta Education’s curricular goals within the framework of BCS’ vision and mission.
- To partner with students’ families to assist in each student’s spiritual and academic development.
- To fulfill requirements of and be accountable to Alberta Education’s Teaching Quality Standards.
- To perform any other duties that may be assigned by the administration.
- Responsible for supporting Secondary classes: primarily Senior High Math Grade 9-12 (including Calculus) and some Science courses as determined by Semester 2 interests and new course offerings.
*We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you fit the candidate profile and skill requirements outlined above and are interested in applying for this position please e-mail the below documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter – Clearly identify that you are interested in the (named position) position or employment opportunity. Explain your interest in Bearspaw Christian School, and how you will help us achieve our important mission and vision.
- Resume & References – Please provide a detailed resume or curriculum vitae, showing all education and relevant certifications. Please note your resume must also include:
- A) List of References that can be contacted
- B) Scanned Copy of Teaching Certificate (for teaching staff only)
- Statement of Faith – In 500 words or less, tell us about your relationship with Jesus. Tell us what difference He is making in your life today, and how that is encouraging you to serve others.
*Applications that do not include all of these elements will be viewed as incomplete, and will not be considered.