B.C. Christian Academy is a Pre-K to Grade 12 independent Christian School in the Tri-Cities, B.C, Canada. We are passionate about equipping students to impact the world for Jesus Christ. We are currently accepting applications for the roles of full-time or part-time Special Education Assistants (SEAs) at the Learning Resources Centre in our Primary, Middle, and High Schools for the 2022–23 School Year.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A devoted Christ-believer
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaborative skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Have at least completed a SETA Certificate, Classroom Support Certificate, Educ. Asst. Certificate, or Behaviour Intervention Training
- Extensive work experience in providing learning support to students with learning challenges, i.e. FASD, ASD, LD, ADHD, and/or DCD
- Behaviour intervention training i.e. Popard Training
- Competent in the use of assistive technology
- Above-average computer skills i.e. Google, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Boardmaker
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the lead teacher to assist students in following the class schedule.
- Assist teachers with lesson preparation by getting materials ready and setting up equipment.
- Ensure the classroom environment is safe and clean.
- Oversee students during non-classroom times including in-between classes, during lunch, and on-field excursions.
- Collaborate with lead teachers to recognize issues students are facing and recommend solutions.
- Comply with provincial, school, and class rules and regulations.
- Attend training classes/workshops and faculty meetings.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Eligible applicants should include the following in their application package:
- Resume, including 3 professional references
- Pastoral Reference (name of your Pastor and contact number/email)
- Personal Statement of Faith in Jesus Christ
- Philosophy of Christian Education
- Copy of Academic and Professional Certificates and other supporting documents (workshops or professional courses completed)
Benefits (with conditions applied):
- Extended Health Care
- Dental Care
- RRSP Matching Program
- Staff Tuition & Daycare Discounts
Please send your application package to our LRC Director Evangeline Torres, email@example.com
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in BC Christian Academy!