Pacific Christian Middle & Secondary School
Temp Music Education & Band Instruction Teacher
Pacific Christian School is seeking a teacher for a temporary position in the area of Music Education and Band instruction at the middle-school and high-school level. This temporary position is anticipated to be from September – December 2023.
Ideally, the teacher that we are seeking will:
- possess current British Columbia teacher certification.
- have a vibrant Christian faith and a desire to foster Christian faith formation in young people.
- desire to become an active, contributing, collaborative member of a professional learning community.
- have demonstrated organizational and planning skills, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills with both adults and young people.
- have experience in the following areas:
- teaching music in a middle-school or high-school setting
- employing teaching approaches that are responsive to 21st-century learning needs and best practices
- integrating Christian worldview and employing pedagogical practices that reflect and support Christian formation
To apply, please forward the following to Elementary Principal, Heidi Young-Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- letter of introduction
- statement of faith
- copy of current-year TRB certification
- Contact information for three references. Not all referees need to comment on the same aspects but, taken together, please ensure that the referees are able to offer insight on character, Christian faith, teaching experience, and passion for working with young people.
This posting will remain open until filled, but applications received by May 23, 2023 will begiven priority consideration.