ELEMENTARY MUSIC/ARTS COORDINATOR (1.0 FTE TERM POSITION)
Beginning February 2024
A thriving Christian learning community, connected outward and inward, serving together as leaders who model best practices to empower students to have an impact in a changing world.
Langley Christian School is accepting applications for a Music and Arts Coordinator to start immediately.
The Elementary Music/Arts Coordinator will take leadership in our elementary arts program. This will include teaching music to grades two through five and running an annual musical production. The coordinator will collaborate with the primary music teacher to implement a cohesive K-5 music program. There is also opportunity to connect and collaborate with the Arts instructors at our middle and high campuses.
WHO ARE WE?
LCS is a growing, inspiring and purpose-driven Christian teaching and learning community striving to deliver the best instruction and high-quality, transformative educational programming for Pre-K to Grade 12 students. We aim to design experiences that produce graduates who are well equipped in faith, knowledge, competencies and character to transform lives through service and their gifts, and who will go on from here to live a life of impact and purpose in a rapidly changing world.
Our community includes 1200+ students and 170+ staff on three campuses in one of Canada’s fastest-growing communities, located a short distance from Vancouver in the heart of the Fraser Valley. Founded with a rich 65-year history, today, our families and students represent 113 churches and the diversity of our changing community.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation model ($62,353 – $96,956), based on education and experience
- Comprehensive extended health and dental plan
- Life & disability insurance
- Preparation and collaborative learning time so teachers can fully engage in the life of the school
PARTICULAR RESPONSIBILITIES FOR MUSIC/ARTS COORDINATOR INCLUDE
- Plan and prepare lessons that support the BC music curriculum
- Invite students into an excitement for and build an appreciation of music
- Communicate and collaborate with administration, staff, and parents
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement, providing feedback and written reports
- Coordinate school-wide production
- Demonstrable knowledge of music curriculum and the ability to implement it
- Ability to interact collaboratively with students, parents, and administration
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Confident in leading a classroom of students
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to thrive working in a team environment
- Experience with large productions
- Bachelor of Education degree or equivalent training (preference for a major or concentration in music education in an applicable area)
- A valid Teacher Regulation Branch Certificate or in progress.
Interested applicants are invited to forward inquiries and supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pastoral reference letter or statement of faith
- Copies of relevant training and certifications
- Two professional references, preferably from supervisors who have recently observed your teaching
Posting open until filled