Position: Elementary Music Teacher
Employment Type: 0.6 FTE – Maternity Leave
Employment Date: May 27, 2024 – August 31, 2025
Salary Range: $30,000 – $55,000 (dependent on education/certificate and experience)
Unity Christian School, located in the picturesque city of Chilliwack, British Columbia, is seeking a dedicated and passionate Elementary Music teacher (0.6 FTE) starting May 27, 2024. This is a maternity leave position. As an integral member of our team, you will play a crucial role in fostering a Christ-centered, welcoming, and engaging learning environment for our students.
About Unity Christian School:
Unity Christian School is a vibrant Pre-K – 12 Christ-centered learning community serving over 600 students and 275 families in the Eastern Fraser Valley. The mission of Unity Christian School is to “nurture our students God-given potential as they humbly serve God’s world.”
About our Elementary School and Staff Team
The Elementary school is home to 14 committed teaching staff members and 265 students in grades K – 5. The Elementary school learning community is one that is collaborative, integrative, and focused on meeting the unique learning needs of elementary school students. From Kindergarten through to Grade 5, students are engaged in learning activities that foster a love for learning and a curiosity about the world around them. They are engaged in learning experiences that encourage them to ask questions, investigate and to seek answers, to explore and experience the delights of God’s world. Students are also encouraged to be discerning and to find ways in which they can better serve and support all of God’s people.
We are looking for a passionate and growth-minded individual who is ready to live into our staff’s core values:
- Mission Oriented – nurturing our students’ God-given potential as they humbly serve God’s world.
- Growth Seekers – keeping a growth mindset and being committed to growing in our profession using our PGP (Professional Growth Plan).
- Kingdom Builders – serving our students and providing opportunities for them to serve one another and their local and global community.
- Joyful Collaborators – working closely with colleagues and learning together.
- Sabbath Keepers – prioritizing time to refrain from work and to focus on health and wellness; intentionally setting time aside to pray and commune with God and His people
Each candidate must be:
- a committed Christian
- a BC certified teacher (or be able to qualify for BC certification)
- dedicated to Christian education.
Each application should include:
- a current cover letter and resume (including at least 2 professional references, with phone numbers/emails)
- your BC Teacher’s Certificate, or equivalent if you’re from out of province
- university transcripts, if available (copies are acceptable)
- your “Applicant Statement of Faith”using specific form attached
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unity Christian School
Matt Van Muyen –System Principal