The King’s School (TKS) is inviting internal and external candidates to apply for the position of principal for the school year commencing September 2024.
As a ministry of The King’s Community Church (TKCC), The King’s School has offered Christ-centred, biblically based, Christian education to like-minded families for the past 41 years. Located on a beautiful property in Langley, BC, Canada, we offer classes from pre-school and kindergarten to grade 12. Current enrollment for K–12 is approximately 230. Along with a strong academic focus, TKS offers extra-curricular programs, including athletics, music, drama, and agriculture. TKS follows the British Columbia Ministry of Education curriculum and is a member of the Society of Christian Schools of British Columbia (SCSBC).
The principal is responsible for providing overall leadership to the school, in harmony with the TKCC goals for Christian education, the TKS mission statement of Knowing, Showing and Enjoying God, and the school’s vision statement of “Holding Fast to the Word of Life.” The principal works closely with all stakeholders to ensure the smooth implementation of the vision and strategic plan, in alignment with core values. To learn more about the school, please refer to www.thekingsschool.org.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Spiritual Leadership
- Maintains a close personal walk with the Lord, setting a good example for staff and students in his or her desire for worship, personal spiritual growth, integrity, and humility.
- Demonstrates servant-leadership by being an active participant in a local church congregation.
- Understands and appreciates the diverse multi-denominational and multi-cultural student body and school community.
- Maintains a meaningful and engaged relationship with TKCC leadership.
- Educational Leadership
- Develops and fosters a vision for Christian education by:
- Promoting the school’s mission and vision for Christian education among staff, students, and the school community
- Advising and updating the school board on changes in government policy and educational research.
- Ensuring the integration of a Christian education philosophy and biblical worldview throughout the curriculum.
- Pursues professional development through personal study, educational resources, and engagement within the Christian education community.
- School Leadership
- Creates a stable, cohesive, and engaged educational organization by establishing and maintaining an environment of mutual trust and respect.
- Oversees hiring, evaluation, and professional development of staff.
- Maintains an open-door policy to engage and respond to the school community.
- Collaborates with the school board for strategic and long-term planning.
- Maintains finances within budget.
- Ensures school policies and procedures are updated and maintained to current government and educational standards.
- Member in good standing with the BC Teacher Regulation Branch.
- Postgraduate degree (master’s or doctorate) in education or related field.
- Successful experience as a principal or vice-principal, demonstrating proven leadership effectiveness in the school community
- Five years of successful classroom teaching experience
- A competitive salary that corresponds with the SCSBC salary recommendations
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- Enrolment in the Christian Education Benefit Solutions Society (CEBS) pension plan at the maximum plan contribution level (8.05%)
- Opportunities for professional development
The proposed start date is August 2024 or a mutually agreed upon date.
Candidates are encouraged to electronically submit the following to school board chair Dave Thomas at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter
- Provide references upon request.
- Statement of Faith
- Statement of philosophy of Christian leadership and education