Providence Christian School is accepting applications for a principal, commencing August 1, 2024
We are looking for a Christ-centered leader with a passion for quality Christian education who is committed to the Reformed faith.
The Principal of Providence Christian School is appointed by the school’s Board of Governors and reports to the board and its various committees. The Principal is responsible for the general management and direction of Providence Christian School, subject to the authority of the Board.
Providence Christian School is situated in a beautiful southern Alberta rural community, minutes from Lethbridge and an hour from the Rocky Mountains. We are a Kg-Grade 12 school with about 190 students and 24 staff members.
- a four-day school week
- attractive working and living conditions
- a growing, committed school community
- a dedicated team of teaching staff
- Experienced teacher with training and understanding of the meaning and value of Christian-based pedagogies and methodologies
- Having a Masters in Leadership or equivalent training is considered an asset
- Qualifies for Alberta Teaching Certificate
- Holds an Alberta principal certification or the ability to obtain one
- Experience within the Reformed Christian school movement
- Rooted in the Reformed faith and by experience acquainted with the history, culture, doctrines, and practices of the Reformed churches and schools
Suitable candidates are encouraged to electronically submit the following:
- cover letter
- a résumé containing at least three references
- a statement of faith
- a statement of Philosophy of Christian Leadership and Teaching
A detailed job description can be found here.
Inquiries and/or applications can be forwarded to
Mr. Kevin Slomp, Board President
For other inquiries, check out our website pcsmonarch.com or contact the principal, Mr. Hugo VanderHoek, email@example.com , 403-381-4418