Surrey Christian School is a PreK-12 school of over 1,300 students with multiple campuses 30 minutes outside of Vancouver. Our mission statement, “Educating for Wholeness by Engaging God’s World in the Servant Way of Jesus,” shapes everything we do. To learn more about us, please view our website at www.surreychristian.com.
We are looking for education assistants to join our team for the 2023–24 school year. As an education assistant, your responsibilities will include working with students with special needs and/or other learning needs. This could include working in a classroom while supporting multiple students or working with students who need 1-1 support.
The successful applicant will:
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively as a team.
- Provide classroom support, working with small groups or with individual students.
- Understand elementary curriculum and be able to modify and adapt work.
- Build positive relationships with a variety of students.
- Keep records of IEP goals, documenting student progress.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Assist in implementing a behaviour support plan when necessary.
- Education assistant certificate (or equivalent)
- Strong professional references
- Ability to work in a collaborative, inclusive work environment
Please send a résumé and a statement of your faith journey to Sylvia DeWeerd at firstname.lastname@example.org.